Field Service Technician
Excel Solutions is always looking for talented people to become members of our sales and service team. We realize that productive people are always a good addition to our organization. So if you have the industrial aptitude and the passion to work with organizations from small to Fortune 500, join in!
The equipment industry can make for a rewarding career. Excel’s service technicians are responsible for (among other responsibilities)
- Technical knowledge of equipment;
- Servicing dock & door equipment;
- Installing dock & door equipment;
- Working independently & in teams;
- Working directly with customers.
- Two+ years relevant industry experience;
- Good driving record / Pass DOT tests;
- Willingness to perfect technical details;
- A keen grasp of industrial applications;
- Professional demeanor with customers & team;
- Personal accountability and strong work ethic;
- Work outdoors, at heights, and lift <75 lbs;
Field Service Technician Brief
The Field Service & Install Tech position is responsible for installing, maintaining, repairing and upgrading a variety of warehouse truck dock equipment (incl. dock levelers, trailer restraints, rapid-roll doors, freight lifts, etc) at facilities throughout Northeast Ohio.
Facilities include new construction, food-service, manufacturing, distribution, logistics, and more. You work directly with customers to address their install and repair needs. Qualified candidates have a mechanical aptitude and enjoy working outside, in the field.
We offer competitive pay, a comprehensive benefits program and a savings retirement program. PAID Uniforms. PAID Vacation. PAID Training. PAID Long/Short term disability. Shared Medical. Tools & Tool Replacement.
This position has the following requirements:
– Mechanical, electrical, and stick welding experience (2+ years ea)
– Experience with mechanical systems + troubleshooting
– Good driving record and pass DOT drug test and physical
– Work outdoors, at heights, and lift up to 75 pounds
– Learn a wide variety of equipment and skills
– Operate in a construction/heavy-industry environment
– Self-motivated, productive, proactive and organized
– Maintain parts on service vehicle
Do you have the following characteristics?
– Can “self-educate” and learn from training.
– Detail oriented and articulates well on field reports and forms.
– Well-developed customer service skills; friendly with customers.
– Efforts to provide best service possible.
– Thinks outside the box and doesn’t complain.
– Articulate, prompt, clean cut, polite.
– Keeps company vehicle out of the way of others.
– Ensures quality shows through in day to day tasking.
About Excel Solutions®
We’re a small business where personal relationships are paramount. We value our families and relationships. We offer consistent employment, benefits and on-the-job training. Our tools and equipment are well-maintained and reliable; you won’t be using “cave man tools”! We have 20 years of experience as a sales and service provider of loading dock and door products. Exclusive brands we carry include Poweramp® dock equipment and Dynaco® rapid-roll doors, as well as a variety of other first-rate equipment.
Job Type: Full-time
Salary: $17.00 to $21.00 /hour